Saturday, December 19, 2015

ME AS A TYPE A PERSON

By nature, I'm a type A person and also an ambivert. There will be times that I prefer to listen than to talk since most of the time I speak in class. I can also join the company of others at times.

I appreciate silence more than ever. Talking drains me these days. Silence keeps my energy. I socialize with different people everyday and it drains me. I love interactions with people. I do. But sometimes, you know, I have to balance my realm of socialization, my inner world, and the environment. In Rollo May's terms, it is essential to balance the umwelt, eigenwelt, and mitwelt.

When I am quiet, I hear more of myself, I learn things from different people, I understand both situations to reduce biases, I get a chance to know the person more and above all, it prevents me from having regrets of being impulsive for letting my words come out without chewing it.

Being silent these days for me is a practice also. If I want to embrace my field, I have to be a keen observer, objective, and an active listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment