Sunday, December 27, 2015

NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION FOR THE NTH TIME AND BROKEN PROMISES: ARE YOU NOT TIRED OF IT?

Okay, so your facebook newsfeed is flooded with different New Year’s resolution from your friends who keep on promising themselves for this year 2016. You’d be thinking if they fulfilled their previous resolutions last 2015 . Hahaha. I felt like the overwhelming number of broken promises are during the period of January where people love to accomplish things that they want to change and then leave it hanging by the end of the first month of the year. 


I would like to share some of the things that I observed from my friends and family members who keep on fooling themselves, here as follows:


1.      Financial issues: “I will never ever spend my money to wants, only to necessary things.” The last time I heard it was in 2015, but I bet, you’ll still try to look for new clothes, travel more (since you believe that experience and exploring are your top priority) and discover new food of newly-opened restaurants. Some people love to rationalize what they currently doing just to release the unpleasant feeling of breaking their promises for themselves.

2.      Health Lifestyle: “I will try to adopt a healthy lifestyle, I will go to the gym and regularly exercise.” You eat a lot this Holiday season and you keep on blaming the Holiday for gaining weight. So, you decided and promised yourself that you will stop eating junk and eat healthy food next year. I hope it will for you because if it were true, maybe you already have your six pack abs by now.

3.      On being Organized: “I will be more organized and plan ahead of time.”  So you complete all the stickers on Starbucks and Coffee Bean to receive your planner for 2016. Guess what, you will only use half of it because every time boredom strikes and bombarded by stressful workloads, you forget everything! Yes, admit it. Why can’t you just promise yourself to pay more attention then and have enough strength to fulfill writing your planner?

4.      Cyber Loafing: “I will be more productive by avoiding internet use and social media.” That’s a good thing! Admit it or not, people spend a lot of time using the internet and reducing productivity. Unless your life depends on computers and internet, you can’t escape from this. There are a lot of things aside from using internet. You can be productive by allotting specific time for computer use and do other things.

5.      In a nutshell: “I will be a better person! I will change for the better! For real!” Having said that, I hope you achieve your promise. Remember the last time you broke it? Hahaha. I hope it won’t happen again because this time, your promising something for yourself and not to others. If you can break promises to others, how can you be so sure that you can also realize it to yourself?

I think the best way to accomplish all your goals are to keep it and to make it real by not broadcasting it to all people because you are just spoiling it. You are not helping yourself in making all these things possible, you are ruining it. Aside from this, you are putting too much pressure on yourself. What will happen if you fail to do all these? You only put yourself to shame. It is not that I’m telling you not to make a plan. What I’m trying to say is keep your plan to yourself and just do the things that you want to fulfill. You don’t need to tell it to others. Isn’t it better to surprise them with your successful planning this year? :D


Good luck! Cheers to 2016! Keep your promise on your own!

Sito Longges






No comments:

Post a Comment