Monday, January 4, 2016

BACK TO WORK


On my first day of work this year, I came back with some unfinished business like administration of preliminary examination to my students of Psychology course, checking their home works and projects, providing some assistance, grading their works, and recording it. To be honest, my mind is not still in condition for work. (I still have hangover of my vacation) And for the first day of the year, I have received a message reminding me for my review lecture for board examinations on another school in Manila (Woah. I have to condition my mind now, it is a serious work for board examinations).

I still need to slap my face to wake up by now. Coffee is not enough to wake me up. I need motivation! I still need to finish my thesis and to train my students for the upcoming contest for the national quiz bee. Wahahaha. Oh, I forgot, I have to go to the mountains also to meet the leader of the tribe for the research work of my students and other work-related things to do.


Phew! This is the moment when I really wanted to regress being a child. HAHAHA. I admit, there are moments in my life that I want to take a lot of breaks and to be like a child HAHAHA. Sometimes, things are not syncing into my mind that I am an adult doing adult things which I have to face because I am a grownup. HUHUHU. I miss being a kid and I regret the moments that I am not sleeping well during my childhood. I remember the time when I have to pretend that I am sound asleep just to avoid being spanked by my lola (Filipino word meaning grandmother) and moments that I sneaked out our house just to play outside.


Sitting at my desk

Well, I think I need to remind myself about facing big duties. I have to face it squarely and to avoid piling up of workloads. Pile of works equates to distress, distress which leads to old age, and I am not ready to face old age.

Things will be more challenging this year, I know. I already did some of my works last year to avoid piling up of my works. I think, I am ready to face it all (I have to even if I felt that I wanted to regress hahaha).

I want to hear something from you. How’s your first day of work this year?

Sito Longges

No comments:

Post a Comment