Thursday, April 20, 2017

YES TO HEALTHY DISCUSSION!

"13 Reasons Why" by Jay Asher is controversial. People have different opinions on his book and the Netflix series. It create debates online.  
As one of the admins of Philippine Psychometrician Reviewer page, I think there's a need for me to speak up and share my thoughts on our page. So here's my comment:

I am finished with the series. It's pessimistic but I viewed it in a different way. It's an eye-opener. For some people, there are few things that you need to consider before watching it. *see warning posts and reviews*
As mental health advocates, our goal is to create an awareness about mental health. We can shed light on the negative consequences and impact of suicide, and how to deal with it. We are here to help the viewers interpret the series in a positive way.
Let us create a community that promotes healthy discussion instead of arguments that can lead to factions. Let us help one another.

We are all under one umbrella. We are all psych majors and mental health advocates. I believe, we need to stick to our goal, to increase the productivity and well-being of people. We need to create a huge safe space for all people regardless of their sex, gender, race, religion, and cultural background. We need to unite to make this world a better place for all...at least in our little way.

No comments:

Post a Comment