Thursday, April 13, 2017

TIME TO BE ALIVE!

I'm so serious these days that I read cover to cover and read many books as I can though I am already familiar with the topics. I am serious than 2016 with my review lecture and I am taking my time to rehearse the topics. This year, there are RPsy reviewees which mean that I really need to take it one or two step higher if ever they will be around my lectures.

In preparation, I always take it seriously. I usually visualize myself talking in front of a crowd, anticipating questions, doing self-affirmations in front of a mirror, editing my questions, updating the topics for better lectures, and practice how I sound to the audience. In short, the rule should always better myself in every lecture and to consider my audience.

Yes, it is vital as a speaker to practice. You should not underestimate your audience. Graduates have fresh ideas and they are intelligent beings. They know more than you expect them to be so you better arm yourself with weapons.

I also need to master the timing of using humor in lectures. As I noticed, intelligent students will be bored by too much humor, a balance between the timing of using humor and serious discussion must be achieved. Sensitivity to their needs and cultural backgrounds should be considered which is why I prepare set of questions to adjust myself way better this time.

I know, I might not be the best because there are powerful lecturers than I am but I am always willing to learn and hone myself. 

Woo! I am ready and excited! I will document my journey in all branches assigned to me. This is exciting! I have some ice breakers, psych banats, puns, and video participation this 2017!

I am ready to visit Dagupan, Iloilo, Batangas, Bataan, Lipa, Zamboanga, Manila, Quezon City, Silang, Angeles, Bulacan, and Cebu for lectures!

See you, Psych majors! The roving lecturer is almost in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment