Monday, April 24, 2017

GOODBYE, PROFESSOR

Today, I delivered my first ever eulogy. I never thought it would be that hard for me. I restrain myself from crying.

My fave professor was a man who seemed to be misperceived by most students. He was labeled as "terror prof" and when someone found out that you're one of his students, they will make a jest such as "condolence" and "GOOD LUCK."

He seemed to be stern, rigid, strict, and morose-looking but when you try to analyze and look closely to the way he talks and behaves, he's just playing a particular role. He's using a strict professor facade.

He highly influenced me to love deeply Psychology, to be particular, to love Theories of Personality. I love his subject to the point of finishing the book ahead of time and I bagged the title, "champion" in departmental quiz bee on that subject when I was in college.

I was once a quizzer and my group made it to the top 10 in a national quiz bee all because we were influenced by terror profs like him in our college.

Until now, I am applying all the things that I've learned from him. I am applying the concepts of time management by properly scheduling all the task ahead of time ( a skill that I learned when I was his secretary), to read more books, to do my best, to compete not with others but to who I was before, and to love my family even more.

I am really sad until now. To be honest, I am teary while typing my blog post.

He deserved my respect and he had a life well-lived. Thank you, professor. Others might not understand you, but your memories will always come alive in the hearts of your students. You will always be alive in our hearts.

I am a national lecturer in the Philippines and teaching psychology subjects in a reputable institution. Currently, I am also teaching Theories of Personality and Industrial Psychology at a popular review center. I travel Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao to teach these subjects. If it wasn't for him, I will never achieve what I am and what I have right now.

Thank you, professor. I hope for your peaceful ascension in nirvana. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment