Sunday, January 8, 2017

COLOR MANILA YEAR 5


This is my second year in Color Manila Run! My first try was January 2016 and I ran for 5 kilometers. This year, I ran for 10 kilometers! 

As expected, the event was successful! Congratulations to the organizers of this event and it's no wonder why more people are excited to be part of this colorful and extravagant fun run. I've tried to attend some fun run and it turned out that I was disappointed with long queues in the medal, hydration, and even baggage booth. With the organizers of Color Manila, it only took me 3 minutes maximum to get the medal, color packet, and water.

This event was organized. I highly encourage everyone to join this event and you'll never get disappointed.

I love this event, not because of its popularity but its impact in my perspective. When you run, you'll realize that it's the enjoyment that matters. It's about trying to connect with other people, sharing the same goal which is to finish the race. You'll also realize there's no need to compete with them, you just have to give your best and you just have to run, jog, or walk with them without the pressure of being the first to finish the race. Interestingly, all of the participants will have their medals. No pressure. 

Color Manila, like all other fun runs, taught me something:

"We finish our race at our own pace. The pain communicated by our bodies are only ephemeral but when you finish the race, the achievement and joy that you've got will be eternal. It's there in your memory bank."

This is the same with the race in our lives, right? We are bothered about how others are farther away from us not knowing that we run our lives at our own pace, style, and it's how we ended up our lives worthwhile. We meet people during our journey and it's a bonus when you celebrate your winning with the person who will be with you during the entire process of trying to finish your race.

Assembly at SM Mall of Asia Grounds, 5:30 AM


This is me for the second time!

Here's the video link on my channel:


No comments:

Post a Comment