Friday, December 16, 2016

THE MAGIC STRINGS OF FRANKIE PRESTO: AN EXCERPT

An excerpt that I love from "The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto" by Mitch Albom

Frankie felt his whole body shiver. He slid off the chair and nervously approached, touching his teacher's shoulder to let him know he was there.

"Come now," El Maestro whispered over the chords.
"Take the other guitar and sing the song."

"But I don't want to."
"Why not?"
"I'm scared."
"Yes. And you will be scared again. All your life. You must conquer this. Face them and pretend they aren't there."
"Maestro ─"
"You can do it. Always remember I said you can do it."


I love this excerpt because I feel how Maestro loves Frankie (his student) to learn how to stand on his own, for the last time. This is the moment where they will never see each other again. For the last time, he taught Frankie one of the best things in life... to not be petrified by fear and to play the music with all his heart. 💞😭

“Everyone joins a band in this life. And what you play always affects someone. Sometimes, it affects the world.”

I hope I can be a Maestro someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment