Thursday, December 22, 2016

DATE WITH MY MOTHER AND SOME MUSINGS

I rarely date my mother since both of us are busy. She is keeping the house and I am always working. Tonight, we went out. I persuaded her to take some break from the house. We watched a nice movie and I brought her to an idyllic restaurant. She loved the ambrosial food served, service of the crew and picturesque of the semi-high beamed ceiling of the beanery.

We went to a department store to buy our clothes and then treat her for coffee and dessert to my favorite coffee shop. I love her face and the smile on her countenance when she bites the mango madness cake. She was so delighted as if her smile could light the darkness of the night. She seemed like a kid trying out her first bite. I love how she sipped the coffee and her look in the eyes. It's like her eyes want to express something.

I love how we talked about family and life. I thanked her for everything that she'd done for the family. I could see through her eyes, the gratefulness and satisfaction seeing the outcomes of her hard work and sacrifices for the family. I am so happy that I had a great time with her. It made my night so great. The memory of her face and everything was framed in my mind.

I am captivated by her words. Nothing beats the words that came out directly from my mother's mouth. It made me feel significant and I feel pumped after what she said.

"The Lord heard my prayers, thank you." She said it to me with a cracked in her voice and teary eyes. Then I said, "It's nothing compared to what you've done to me. Thank you."

When we got home tonight, she kissed me on my cheeks and hugged me a lot of times. hahaha. I think my brain just released a lot of oxytocin which gave me enough energy to type all these words. hahaha.

Mothers are angels on earth. We are their kids regardless of our age. They still think we're kids. I still think that my mother is above me, I respect her and I love her (God knows). I may obtain a master's degree, got my license, and working on a school and largest review center in the Philippines, but it will never beat the sacrifices of my mother and family to make me who I am today.

I am what I am now because of my parents. I am just their kid and I have to respect and love them not for the world. Do the same thing folks, the people will turn their backs on us but our family will never leave us.

Cherish it and be grateful.


Sito Longges



No comments:

Post a Comment