Thursday, November 3, 2016

STAND OUT, PSYCH UP!

I remember the moment when I experienced a classic example of a security operation from Harry Stack Sullivan's theory. It is selective inattention whereby a person blocks certain experiences from awareness. For instance, if a person says I am a person who follows the rules will somehow block certain experiences that contradict his claim. I find it unfair. People, indeed, are complex beings. They are difficult to understand and to handle. I love studying human behavior and I always try my best to extend my patience. But there are challenging situations especially people that intentionally push you to your limit. As a Psychology major, I would like to, somehow, always maintain my composure but we are humans that can be provoked by some people who don't have considerations for others. It's unfair.
I always adjust myself. I always do.
I believe, we need to fight for what is right. We study human behavior but it does not give other people a license to label as "Psychology major pa naman" when we try to rectify them when we fight for what we stand. We are people and we have feelings, too. We deserve to be heard.
But here's another thing: If you question something that you know aren't right, that's okay. You are using your cognition. But you have to share your point of view with another person and if ever there's friction because of individual differences, walk away. Sometimes, you just have to leave them. Accept the fact that all people have different wavelengths. When you argue with a cretin, you will only lose the argument. Silence or walk out is the best solution when you reckoned that the person will not accept your point anymore. *forgive me for the word "cretin", I am a bit emotional on this and I know you understand my humanness* As a Psychology major, we are not boxed to only adjust ourselves to the situations. Sometimes, we try to change it ourselves by actively fighting for it. We are not sheep and we are not saints. We are humans. We need to fight for what is right. 👊💓

No comments:

Post a Comment