Monday, March 13, 2017

TWO APPROACHES TO THE STUDY OF PERSONALITY

Engler, 2012

There are two approaches in studying personality:

1. Academic Psychology (Precursor- Wilhelm Wundt)
2. Clinical Practice (Precursor- Sigmund Freud)

Source: Engler, 2012

Aha! This is my kind of fairy tale book. Charot. Pampaantok. 😂 I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep earlier because I had to finish the some endless school paperworks. 😐

I strongly believe that authors have different ways of explaining TOP (like this one!). Engler's contains "Traits and Personology" (Henry Murray not found on Feist & Feist) and non-western theory (Zen Buddhism)! 😉🤓

I guess, I have to continue reading because a lot of times, I still forget some minute details. I also need to do this for the RPsy board and because review center season is fast-approaching! I will travel to different places again to lecture this! 🙂 I can't wait. Haha


No comments:

Post a Comment