Saturday, March 11, 2017

ON IMPROVING MY STUDENTS' SCORES

I conducted two different exams to two different class yesterday. Both exams were outcomes-based with few easy questions. I administered the exams differently.

Class A received relaxation technique (to relax their muscles and to make them comfortable) and positive self-affirmation (to feed their minds with positive thoughts and reduce the test anxiety) before I handed down the test questionnaires. I even asked them, "Papasa ba kayo?" and then they responded to me shouting, "PAPASA KAMI!"

Class B received the usual test administration. I killed the time and when the time was up, I asked someone to pray for the class.

Guess who performed better?
CLASS A.

Now, I will conduct the methods above to help them increase their scores.

Note: I read some articles about the importance of relaxation techniques and self-affirmation. I just tried this to improve my class. I know that I should support it with further studies but this is my own little way of improving my teaching skills and to validate the findings of what I found out from the literatures and studies.

Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment