Tuesday, February 21, 2017

WHY LGBT PSYCHOLOGY IS IMPORTANT?

I am human just like you.
WARNING: AVOID READING THE COMMENT SECTION IN LOCAL NEWS. SAKIT SA BANGS.

I am an LGBT advocate because I am one of them and it's part of human diversity. Why do we need to study LGBT psychology? Let me share to you the reason from one of my favorite researchers:

"First we need to do this because it is essential for those of us who identify as LGBTQ to care about our own lives. If we fail to do this, how could we achieve any kind of integrity, or call ourselves psychologists? Second, we must insist on this because any psychology that fails to include us will never be complete. Without understanding the experiences of LGBTQ people, how could any psychology possibly apply to all?"

Charlotte Patterson

Straight people, please help us build a safe and inclusive place for all. #lovewins

No comments:

Post a Comment