Sunday, February 21, 2016

THINKING ABOUT DIVERSITY


Image posted by PsychAlive Page

I removed my facebook app on my android to avoid using this app. My news feed was already filled with negative, bias, and senseless news. I am losing my interest and hope for my country. The society needs to be educated and I, for one, need to spread this awareness about accepting and embracing differences.

I will do this, one at a time. I may not influence all of my students, but at least, I hope I could change one. At least one.

For now, I will improve myself and be productive on my own and I will help those who are only interested.

Thoughts about perseverance of beliefs:

I don't give a damn to those narrow-minded, hypocritical, and self-righteous people but it's too much. Live your lives, and don't mess with us. Don't shove your beliefs down our throats. The world existed billion years ago yet you keep on insisting your thousand-year-old belief. You have to think twice. You keep on saying about the truth yet you never know what truth actually is.

Humans are complex beings and trying to classify humans into simple categories is a form of unawareness about our true nature. You keep on saying things about love and acceptance yet you cannot accept the fact about diversity.

How can some people even say diversity when they only classify us into few categories? How can some people say they know about gender equality when they are only looking at the extremes or promoting heteronormativity? They are cheating the fact of life. They are putting us into a tiny box when there is no box at all.

I respect their beliefs but if they insist it on how to live our lives is pure bulls*it. Again, diversity. I won't respect them if they keep on doing this. You have to earn it from us.

Enough.


Nei deGrasse Tyson says it all in one of his interviews,


"...I find it intriguing that people would ask if you're gay or straight without asking if it's more nuanced than that. I think it's a spectrum. People are usually more comfortable if there are two categories—and that shortchanges the diversity of what it is to be human."
This quote appeared in his interview with www.windycitymediagroup.com

P.S. This is my wall. This is my blog and I have the right to say these things because I had enough. My facebook news feed is full of sh*t and I was silent about my opinion there regarding other issues. 


No comments:

Post a Comment