Tuesday, April 17, 2018

KNOW THYSELF

I just thought of the importance of knowing yourself. We need to know ourselves because sometimes we confused our own needs, emotions, and interests with that of another person's. We unconsciously project our own needs, emotions, and interests to them.

If we extend this to other situations, you'll hear problems such as "my parents want me to take this course because blah blah", "You're mad at me?", "I hate her because she hates me", etc. These are all examples of projections. We are unaware of what we truly feel and projects it onto others. It occurs when we don't confront our problems, recognize our emotions, when anxiety is too much to handle, or when we are frustrated. 

Here's the first rule and Socrates was right when he said it:
Know thyself.

No comments:

Post a Comment