Monday, February 12, 2018

"Are You Afraid of Death?"

Interestingly, someone asked me from the audience, "Are you afraid of death?" This question is unrelated to the topic but I understood him because he didn't know the answer to his question. I replied with no hesitation, "No."

I love existentialism so I replied to him in a way I understood this lens and the way I approached my own life. I am no afraid of death. Actually, this is something to discuss early in life to reflect on your purpose and to cherish your moment with those people you love. It is something to conquer early on to embrace your shadow. It is accepting the fact that all things in the material realm are ephemeral and vulnerable for destruction at any moment...it is an acceptance of the fact that all of us will be gone soon. The bad news is we have no idea where and when death will take you away but the good news is you always have a time to ponder on life and to cherish every day.

Accepting death is being conscientious with your actions towards others and reflecting on yourself.

I am forever grateful for the life I have and for all the journey life have given me. I am more than willing to explore more paths and to realize whatever potentials that I have never discovered before.


No comments:

Post a Comment