Friday, March 30, 2018

#TanongNiBes: How'd you know that psycho is for you? I want to know

My Personal Answer:

Since I saw your profile and it seemed like you're a fresh graduate from HUMSS, it's understandable na "psycho" yung term na ginamit mo. Hahaha. The right word should be "Psychology" not "psycho". Psycho is used as a shortcut for "psychopath." They are known as manipulative. They harm other people and damage the society because of their antisocial acts while Psychology is a discipline that studies human behavior and mental processes. Psychologist's main concern is to enhance the productivity and well-being of all people. 🙂

To answer your question, well, at first I followed my father's wish to take political science because he wanted to see me as a lawyer. I enrolled in a prestigious school but I only stayed for 1 semester. During my stay, I encountered too many challenges such as adjustment, financial problems, and feelings that I don't belong in my course. Walang spark of joy and enthusiasm every time I go to school. Eventually, I stopped.

I was lost for months looking for the best course that best suited me. Binalikan ko yung interest ko nang high school na nag-enjoy ako sa work ng guidance counselor namin! Ang awesome ng brain games niya sa classroom! Tapos nakita ko rin sa friend ko na masaya siya sa psychology. Na-feel kong parang masaya talaga especially kapag mag-uusap kami.

Then ayon. Dito na ako. Masaya at masarap sa feeling! Never akong nagregret na nag-Psychology ako. <3 Walang katumbas yung fulfilling feeling lalo na kapag nakatulong ka at may positive feedback sa ginawa mo. Masaya ako kapag masaya yung hitsura rin ng audience kapag may talk. Masaya ako sa pinaglalaban kong advocacy na tayong lahat ay tao at pantay-pantay. Masaya akong habang may tao, may Psychology.

I guess this is one of the courses that will thrive in the future. Technology will never replace humans. They can't imitate empathy, understanding, immediate experiences, love, hope, pain, and even consciousness of a live person.

I consider this as one of the difficult courses (lahat naman e). Imagine, hard sciences can actually calculate precisely and accurately the physical universe but in our course, we don't have specific formula to calculate abstract concepts such as love, pain, helping, understanding, cooperation, and other related concepts. We can't restore the faith in humanity, walang formula doon pero our work somehow makes this world a better place. But imagine the work of psychologists and other allied professionals to produce a spark of hope to a person who feels empty and useless? To at least help and guide the person to fin their purpose and meaning.

We can't measure everything but life itself is meaningful when you explore the world of people, their subjective world. <3

I can't wait to share it to all of you! I hope one day, we'll have a meaningful conversation or try to take my path so we'll meet soon.

Masaya  na mapait ang course na ito pero alam mong sa huli, lahat ng hirap mo...worth it. <3 Mahal ko ang disiplinang ito. Sana makita rin kitang masaya sa kursong ito.

No comments:

Post a Comment